This will set a strong foundation for career progression to electrician status with the building services sector.
Module 1: Electrical introduction and safety
Module 2: Dual speed Trace & Locate
Module 3: The use and care of electrical measuring instruments
Module 4: Energy panel
Module 5: Introduction to single and three phase supply circuits
Module 6: Star delta trace & locate
Module 7: Electrical installation and construction
Module 8: Star – Delta Starters
Module 9: Tracing of a circuit
Module 10: Single phase motors
Module 11: Single phase forward/ reverse starters
Module 12: Three phase forward/ reverse starters
Module 13: Sequence starter
What type of course is this?
This is a practical course and the modules will be done in a fully equipped workshop.
What is the cost of this Course?
R28 462.50 (incl. VAT)
Price Includes: Lunch, Learning material, Facilitation, SETA Learner uploading, SETA Learner registration, Internal assessment, Internal moderation, Internal Certification, transport to and from Kempton Park Transnet station as well as Rhodesfield Gautrain Station
How long is this course?
This is a full time course: 45 working days (9 Weeks)
Monday – Friday
Time: 09:00 – 16:00 Everyday
Recognition of prior learning
If what you have learned at work, from other programs, courses, from life experience or training provided at work is relevant to this program, you may be entitled to gain subject credits or exemptions. A RPL (Recognition of prior learning) process is available for recognition and assessment of your skills. Relevant credits will be passed.
On completion of this course the student will earn the following:
- Registration on CETA National Learner Data Base
- CETA statement of results for the following units:
- 9839 – Apply and maintain safety in an electrical environment
- 11954 – Design and construct a single phase circuit
- 10252 – Identify, inspect, use, maintain and care for engineering hand tools
- 113877 – Understand fundamentals of electricity
- 10254 – Maintain electrical distribution boards, panels and enclosures
- 10234 – Install low voltage transformers
- 113864 – Inspect service and maintain a photovoltaic supplied pump
- 10270 – Construct Basic Electronic units
- 13791 – Fault find on single phase alternating current (AC) systems