This course is for the person that would like to become a boilermakers and will focus on the core skill sets necessary to work with steel fabrication from plates and sections
Module 1: Monitoring Safety and Equipment
Module 2: Engineering Materials
Module 3: Interpret Structural Steel Drawings and welding symbols
Module 4: Engineering Tools
Module 5: Power Machinery
Module 6: Oxy Fuel Gas Cutting
What type of course is this?
This is a practical course and the modules will be done in a fully equipped workshop.
What is the cost of this Course?
R12 650.00 (incl. VAT)
Price Includes: Lunch, Learning material, Facilitation, SETA Learner uploading, SETA Learner registration, Internal assessment, Internal moderation, Internal Certification, transport to and from Kempton Park Transnet station as well as Rhodesfield Gautrain Station
How long is this course?
This is a full time course: 20 working days (4 Weeks)
Monday – Friday
Time: 09:00 – 16:00 Everyday
Recognition of prior learning
If what you have learned at work, from other programs, courses, from life experience or training provided at work is relevant to this program, you may be entitled to gain subject credits or exemptions. A RPL (Recognition of prior learning) process is available for recognition and assessment of your skills. Relevant credits will be passed.
On completion of this course the student will earn the following:
- Registration on CETA National Learner Data Base
- CETA statement of results for the following units:
- 243075 – Draw and interpret simple, plate pipe and structural steel plate, pipe and structural steel drawings.
- 116520 – Apply safety, health and environmental principles and procedures in a workplace
- 243067 – Cut materials using the oxy-fuel gas cutting process
- 12240 – Form and shape sheet metal using hand and power tools