This course focuses on teaching the student the basics needed to work with welding equipment. This course focuses on the ARC welding technique. ARC welding is a process that is used to join metal to metal by using electricity to create enough heat to melt metal, and the melted metals when cool result in a binding of the metals.
Module 1: Safety and Building Industry
Module 2: Shield metal Arc welding
Module 3: Gas, Metal Arc welding
Module 4: Gas, Tungsten Arc welding
Module 5: Oxy Acetylene Welding
Module 6: Oxy Acetylene Brazing
What type of course is this?
This is a practical course and the modules will be done in a fully equipped workshop.
What is the cost of this Course?
R9 487.50 (incl. VAT)
Price Includes: Lunch, Learning material, Facilitation, SETA Learner uploading, SETA Learner registration, Internal assessment, Internal moderation, Internal Certification, transport to and from Kempton Park Transnet station as well as Rhodesfield Gautrain Station
How long is this course?
This is a full time course: 15 working days (3 Weeks)
Monday – Friday
Time: 09:00 – 16:00 Everyday
Recognition of prior learning
If what you have learned at work, from other programs, courses, from life experience or training provided at work is relevant to this program, you may be entitled to gain subject credits or exemptions. A RPL (Recognition of prior learning) process is available for recognition and assessment of your skills. Relevant credits will be passed.
On completion of this course the student will earn the following:
- Registration on CETA National Learner Data Base
- CETA statement of results for the following units:
- 243063 – Weld carbon steel work pieces using shielded metal arc welding process in the hand-down position.
- 116520 – Apply safety, health and environmental principles and procedures in a workplace
- 243053 – Weld carbon steel workpieces using the oxy-acetylene gas welding process in all positions
- 243064 – Weld carbon steel workpieces, using the gas metal arc welding process in all positions
- 243058 – Weld carbon steel workpieces using the gas tungsten arc welding process in all positions
- 12238 – Draw and interpret simple engineering drawings
- 243055 – Prepare and secure work pieces for welding (includes the use of manipulators)